Sunday, October 12, 2008

The idea for SCAMPS was born

Please find below the first post on the GPDD about SCAMPS:

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 01:42:46 EST
From: DebJonSara@aol.com
Subject: [Gpdd] [CARE]: Anyone for SCAMPS?
To: gpdd@gpdd.org
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

There are only 12 Dolly Mixtures left now, and Fidget has been losing weight steadily for weeks, in spite of a healthy appetite and regular worming. He would be 5 on 3rd February next year, but somehow I doubt he'll make it. Scarecrow and Soulage were rescued as teenagers on 8th January 2003, so I think could be deemed as sharing their birthday with Jesus - I am so hoping they'll make it to 5. Sable was rescued unweaned with her mother the same day, so could maybe celebrate her 5th birthday on 7th January.
I was wondering whether we could have a "virtual club" for piggies aged over 5 years? I thought SCAMPS might be a suitable title - Senior Citizens Ageing Miracle Piggies Society. None of the Dolly Mixtures could belong yet, but I know from replies to my previous posting that there are already a lot of SCAMPS out there - what do they and their slaves think? We could share tips for Care of the Elderly, and anecdotes etc.

A still grieving Debbie and her dozen Dolly Mixtures

No comments: