Monday, October 13, 2008

Sable


My name means "sand" in French, so I am called that because I am a French piggie with a lot of hair the colour of golden sand! I was one of many piggies rescued with my mum, siblings and other relations on 8th January 2003 from a nasty breeder who was letting us freeze to death or selling us to be fed to crocodiles - yes, I am another Dolly Mixture! Our slave rescued me and my unweaned siblings in a cat carrier along with two mothers and all their babies, 11 babies in all, and when we got too big for the cat carrier, she divided us up, putting the babies with whichever mother we most ressembled. She put me with a mother who was almost identical to me, in colour and hair length, and was called Marianne. But later, when some pregnant piggies she had also rescued started having babies, she realised that colouring was not necessarily an indication of parenthood, as a grey and white mother had three beautiful dark nutbrown babies! So she never really knew whether she had put me with my birth mother or not, but I survived, and soon I was chosen, along with Soulage, Boulotte and Argentee, to go and live with some other people who adopted me. Marianne was adopted by another slave. Our original slave still minded us when the new slaves went on holiday, and one day, as Soulage has already told you, 5 piggies were massacred by dogs, so our new slaves let us return permanently to our original slave to comfort her.


Soulage quite quickly became the slave's favourite, and I was quite relieved, because I preferred the company of other piggies to humans. In one of these photos you can see me with my SCAMP friends Cherry and Scarecrow, plus Boulotte who sadly never quite made it to 5 years old. Cherry and Scarecrow are also waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. I do miss them, but I am a very sociable pig and have made good friends with the other SCAMPs Caramel, Nuage, Ambree and Gisele. even though they are a bit younger than me. The only piggie I don't get on with all that well is Soulage, who doesn't seem to like me. I think she is jealous because I am the only other Dolly Mixture left now with long hair like hers - she would like to be the only one! We tolerate one another when we are outdoors in our summer quarters, all 6 of us together, but in the winter she shares her own cage with Caramel and I am left in peace with Nuage, Ambree and Gisele. She likes to be a chief wheeker, but in the winter, she wheeks for her own cage and I wheek on behalf of the four of us in the hutch below, as the others are quite shy. My slave doesn't know my exact birth date, but like Soulage, I celebrate my birthday on 6th January, and in 2009 I will be 6 years old."

Master to: Debbie
Born on: ? 6th of January, 2003

No comments: