Sunday, October 12, 2008

Scrabble


My name is Scrabble, and I was bought for my slave here in France after 5 of her beloved piggies were massacred by dogs in May 2003. She wanted 5 females, but when she discovered I was male she gave me away to a little boy called Jack, who had already adopted 5 of the 25 she had rescued from "The Crocodile Lady" in January 2003. My slave had been away when they were chosen, and her partner had given them a male thinking it was a female, so Fidget was living alone at the time. He was over the moon to have a cagemate, and although I missed the 4 girlies for a little while, Fidget and I soon became inseparable. Jack gave me back to my slave when he had to go and live in an apartment on Jersey, and I have been one of the Dolly Mixtures ever since.

I have always loved my food, in fact I think I'd have to say my favourite pastime is eating! I was a member of LAPS (Large Ample Pigs Society) for several years, weighing about 1400g at my peak. But when my beloved cagemate, Fidget, who had just become a SCAMP, passed away in March 2008, I became depressed, and although I did continue eating, I started to lose weight. Because I didn't feel like moving around much either, I started to get sore feet, standing around in my own pee, and since July my poor slave has had me to and from the vet many times trying to find a cure for my bumblefoot. I have to be very patient, as sometimes she makes me stand in warm liquid, sometimes she makes me lie on my back whilst she applies lotions and creams, but as long as she plies me with my favourite foods to nibble whilst these activities are going on, I am as good as gold. She also syringes Vitamin C and antibiotics into my mouth - I love the Vitamin C, but I am not so keen on the antib iotics, and so far they don't seem to be helping my feet, but I humour her as I know she is trying her best. I am always on my best behaviour when we visit the vet, and the receptionists are getting to know me and admire me.

In July 2008 my slave allowed one of my neighbours, Zebra, to move in with me. He was over a year younger than me, but we had chatted a lot through the bars and were already good friends. When he was younger, Zebra was a bit of a juvenile delinquent and used to pull our hay rick off our cage, or open the door and come storming in then sit on one of our boxes claiming to be "king of the castle", but he calmed down a lot after his brother, Cannelletto, went to The Bridge. Zebra used to clean my eyes for me and snuggle with me at night, and although he wasn't my dear Fidget, I grew to love him. We spent the summer, which unknown to any of us was to be his last, sunning ourselves and nibbling the grass in our outdoor run. Then on 3rd October 2008 he went to The Bridge himself, after a short and sudden illness, so I was left alone again. That hit me hard.

My front feet are so swollen now I can hardly walk on them, but I do manage to wobble to my food bowls or water bottle. My slave keeps me on soft fleeces which she changes twice a day, and she keeps me clean and comfortable. I do have other piggies living next door to my cage, so I don't get too lonely. They are a lot younger than me, but very interested in what I have to say. Fidget always used to be the chief wheeker in our room, but now he has gone I have taken on that role, as the youngsters don't seem to know that's what you have to do every time a slave enters the room who may have access to food!
I wish scientists would hurry up and find a cure for this bumblefoot, as I gather it is quite common in us elderly gents. If I find anything that helps, I will let you all know. In the meantime, can I just issue a warning, particularly to tubby gentlemen who are LAPS members and getting on in years: make sure you keep up your Vitamin C intake and keep mobile, and ask your slaves to keep a special eye on your front feet. I wouldn't want any of you to suffer as I have done.

Master to: Debbie
Born on: ?

No comments: